Monday, January 1, 2007

Days 23-24 - A Hectic Life

I was hoping to keep my absences from Chocobo-care to a minimum. But here, just days before I know I'm going to have to leave town, I wind up missing a day of care due to a busy day.

Day 23 - While I was away, he carried packages as usual. He did a good job and clients got their packages in a timely manner, so I was paid 200g. He burned through his excess mental energy and calmed down a little.

Day 24 - Another day of package delivery performed well. The 400g I earned over these two days brings the Chocobo Fund up to 63,903g. Add to that the three Carrot Pastes I sold, and it brings the fund up to a wonderful 76,903! Due to the neglect yesterday apparently, he's become bored and restless. However, his endurance has risen to Average! He wants to be with me all the time, no longer looking at me as a parent.

For the first order of the day, we raced against Fast, and Noble Crimson won of course. I then took him on a regular walk to the Konschtat Highlands. While we were out, we met Hantileon from San d'Oria and his Chocobo, Ice. The two became friends right away. We then took a short walk into South Gustaberg, which was uneventful. After that, I watched over him five times. He looked irritated, but at least he regards me as his parent again. Even if he isn't as mentally focused, he remains full of energy. For dinner, he ate three Vomp Carrots.

I set his schedule up for basic care. So after tomorrow's package delivery run, he'll be on a basic stable routine until I return from my trip. I'm not looking forward to leaving him for a few days, but it's not something I have a choice about. I also hope my crops don't all die before I return.

No comments: