Friday, December 15, 2006

Day 8 - A Noble Lineage

My chocobo took a walk with Zopago again today, and was interested in everything. We went on three short walks today. The second time out we met Zopago and Chaos. Three walks is still all he can manage in a day. I watched over him five more times before dinner, and he seemed happy to see me. He had a ball of chocobo paste for dinner, and to my surprise, it didn't completely fill him! It took his father quite a bit longer to develop this appetite. I fed him a second to make sure he was completely full. This means I'll be going through my food supplies quite a bit faster than I'd anticipated. On the up side, it means he'll be able to get better nutrition for faster growth. He now regards me as a parent.

I decided to name my chocobo today. In the tradition of my first chocobo, Noble Feather, who was of course his sire, I decided to name him Noble Crimson. He seems to like his new name. I'm not sure if he'll turn out red or not, but I can always hope. I regret not having named him sooner... In the future I plan to name all of my chocobos as soon as they're hatched.

I've also decided on the naming traditions for my chocobos. All males in this bloodline will have names beginning with 'Noble', and all females beginning with 'Elegant'. If in the future I decide to start another bloodline in another town, I'll adopt a similar but different naming scheme to tell them apart. I've considered raising Jennets in Windurst for the purpose of digging, but only time will tell. I want to become more at-ease with raising a single chocobo well before I branch out.

No comments: